the beauty of mapping


Kode Iklan Disini

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Neon Lights On The Map


I've of late expire enamored amongst the 'neon' map style that is existence used inwards a lot of mapped visualizations of large information sets. I decided this morn to encounter if I could exercise a neon road on a map which genuinely flickers similar a existent neon light.

It turns out it is possible past times using setTimeout to continuously loop through dissimilar colored polylines on the map. Here is my Neon Polyline map (obviously the nonetheless screenshot higher upwardly doesn't exhibit the flickering effect).

In reality the outcome is quite annoying together with so I don't mean value I would e'er purpose this to highlight a road on a map. However if y'all fix the setTimeout value to 1 or ii seconds y'all larn a ho-hum flashing outcome rather than the flickering line. I mean value that the flashing business is quite effective together with could hold upwardly used to highlight a road on a map.

The neon flickering outcome is less annoying when y'all zoom out on the map. I thence mean value it could hold upwardly used to exercise a neon flickering mark on a map. Here is a Neon Marker example, which uses a flickering neon fashion mark to exhibit London on a map of the world.