the beauty of mapping


Kode Iklan Disini

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Do Laptops Dream Of Slippy Maps?


You're likely getting bored of Deep Dream images past times now. So allow me innovate yous to Deep Dream Mapping.

My outset idea on reading near Google's Deep Dream picture neural processing was to wonder how the software would translate an picture of a map. So I fed Deep Dream a map of Washington DC as well as this is what it saw - Deep Dream Washington DC (the map was created past times using the Google Maps API's groundoverlay).


It turns out that I wasn't the alone ane who wondered 'Do laptops dream of slippy maps?'  OpenStreetMap user 'chippy' has likewise fed unopen to map images into Seep Dream. His Deep Dream Maps inwards OSM entry on the OSM weblog includes Deep Dream maps of Liverpool as well as Leeds inwards the UK.


To live on honest the results of my ain Deep Dream map was a lilliputian disappointing. My map picture didn't appear to arrive at keen dreams. I thence idea it would live on interesting to role Leaflet.js every bit a agency to sentiment a to a greater extent than freaky Deep Dream image. Here's my Leaflet Deep Dream self-portrait. I didn't bother creating map tiles for the image.

If yous practise do map tiles for a Deep Dream picture as well as so Leaflet.js would live on a squeamish agency to supply a zoomable as well as pannable interface for your ain disturbing Deep Dreams.