the beauty of mapping


Kode Iklan Disini

Monday, July 26, 2021

The Marauder's Map


Today Leaflet announced the free of Leaflet 1.0 beta 1. Mapbox every bit good chose today to launch a novel Lord of the Rings map style.

I was non bad to play amongst them both as well as thence I decided to combine the ii as well as exercise a map of Harry Potter filming locations. The map was created amongst Leaflet using map tiles that are based on the novel Mapbox LOTR style.

My Marauder's Map shows a few of the locations inwards the UK of Britain as well as Northern Republic of Ireland used when shooting the Harry Potter serial of films. The map uses the novel Leaflet flyTo function, which allows y'all to exercise flyover animations (zooming as well as panning inwards a curve) when y'all deed betwixt locations on the map. In my heed this neatly conjures the sense of a magical broomstick ride betwixt the Harry Potter filming locations.

I changed the Mapbox LOTR manner a little. I switched out Mapbox's 'one ring' shield (used to betoken cities on the map) for a to a greater extent than Harry Potter related wizard's hat. I every bit good dropped the mount icon as well as coastline trouble manner used inwards the LOTR map manner (for no detail reason).