the beauty of mapping


Kode Iklan Disini

Thursday, January 28, 2021

Van Gogh Is Non A Cartographer


I don't imagine many people were taken inwards past times my Apr Fools joke close Vincent Van Gogh's long lost map of Amsterdam.

The map is real an former vintage map of Amsterdam which has been processed past times a Neural Algorithm of Artistic Style. This algorithm allows y'all to combine the content of 1 paradigm amongst the vogue of unopen to other image. To practice my Van Gogh map of Amsterdam I applied the vogue taken from a Van Gogh icon to the content of an former vintage map of Amsterdam.

I was real quite disappointed amongst the results. I hoped to last able to practice a map which looked far to a greater extent than real similar a Van Gogh icon than the smudged map I ended upwardly with.

In club to overlay the pretend Van Gogh map on altitude of a modern map of Amsterdam I used Mapbox. To practice this I used the ImageOverlay amongst georeferenced scanned map event from the Mapbox documentation. I added an opacity slide command to the Mapbox event map. This opacity command tin last establish inwards the Opacity control Mapbox example.