the beauty of mapping


Kode Iklan Disini

Friday, January 22, 2021

The Video Globe Tour


Eleven years agone I created my kickoff interactive map using the newly released Google Maps API. The map allowed you lot to scout YouTube videos of good known tourist locations unopen to the world.

I tin nonetheless shout out back the thrill I got when I kickoff worked out how to larn a video to play straight from a Google Map. I likewise shout out back how excited I was yesteryear the concept of existence able to scout videos of locations unopen to the basis placed on acme of close-up satellite imagery of the same locations on a Google Map.

This niggling personal history is likely why I'm such a big fan of video maps similar TripGlimpse. TripGlimpse is an interactive map which allows you lot to explore famous locations unopen to the basis through curated videos.

It is non meant equally a criticism of TripGlimpse when I tell how niggling has changed over the end xi years of interactive maps. In amount TripGlimps is virtually just the same equally my kickoff interactive map. It consists of map markers showing the locations of tourist hotspots unopen to the world. Click on whatever of the map markers in addition to you lot tin scout a video tour of the location without leaving the map.

The video map concept is such a cracking agency to virtually explore the world. Using the videos on TripGlimpse you lot tin preview places you lot mightiness similar to visit. If you lot similar what you lot run into inwards the video you lot tin fifty-fifty click through on TripGlimpse to mass a real-life tour of the selected location.