the beauty of mapping


Kode Iklan Disini

Saturday, January 30, 2021

Funky Town Comes To Google Maps

This year's Apr Fools joke on Google Maps seems to induce got got off to a combat of a depression primal start.

For all of today Pegman has been dressed upward inwards his finest funky clothes. He has been wearing a royal accommodate in addition to has been sporting a rather fine beard. Searching the Google Maps html code reveals that the pegman picture has been named 'funkytown', providing a footling clue every bit to what Google Maps has inwards shop for Apr Fools Day.


In desktop Google Maps I'm directly every bit good getting a message telling me to take in Funky Town inwards the Google Maps app. When I post this to my tablet it fills inwards the search bar inwards Google Maps alongside the words 'Won't you lot induce got me to Funky Town'.

Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 message thence appears proverb 'No results for won't you lot induce got me to Funky Town'. I gauge Google isn't cook to instruct downwards alongside me simply yet.

Some Google Maps users all the same are getting results in addition to are beingness rewarded alongside a footling animation of Pegman getting funky on the trip the lite fantastic floor.


Hopefully at that topographic point volition hold upward to a greater extent than to come upward from the novel funky Google Maps when Apr Fools Day properly arrives.