the beauty of mapping


Kode Iklan Disini

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Can Yous Approximate The Airdrome From Its Map?


These nine maps demo the nine largest airports inward the globe yesteryear rider numbers. The airports were chosen based on International Airport Reviews Top twenty Airports list.

Can y'all seat each drome based solely on its map? As a really infrequent flyer I would detect this challenge impossible myself. I've thus included the IATA 3 missive of the alphabet codes for each drome equally a clue (I yet wouldn't hold out able to advert 8 of the airports). Answers are given at the bottom of this post.

While creating these maps I was reminded of the bright Trails of Wind interactive map of global drome runway orientations. More runways approximately the globe are built on a north-south orientation than on a east-west axis. You tin run into this beautifully visualized on the Trails of Wind map. On this interactive map drome runways approximately the globe are colored based on their orientation.

Answers (select text below to reveal)

London Heathrow (LHR), Shanghai Pudong (PVG), Los Angeles (LAX)

Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta (ATL), Beijing Capital (PEK), Dubai (DXB)

Tokyo Hanenda (HND), O'Hare Chicago (ORD), Hong Kong (HKA)


You powerfulness likewise similar to play Name the City from its Road Network as well as Name the Country From its Rail Network